Spring is finally in the air! And that means…Spring Cleaning!! While most of us start to think about cleaning up our houses and yards after a long time of being shut up inside, our bodies could use a good “cleaning” also after months of being inside and less active.
The human body has a system with just this purpose. It is called the lymph system and is comprised of lymph nodes, lymph vessels and organs. These structures help to isolate and fight infections by collecting debris from out bodies. If the lymph system is not taken care of, these waste products can build up. Therefore it is very important to keep this vital system working at maximum capacity.
Here are several steps that you can start taking today to clean up your lymph system and help your immune system be at its best:
- Choose clean, healthy food such as fruits, veggies and whole grains over nutrient deficient choices like processed foods with white flour and sugar.
- Drink LOTS of water!
- Exercise regularly to keep the lymph fluid flowing.
- Wear unrestrictive clothing.
- Limit stress
- Try alternative treatments such as massage or acupuncture.
- Follow a professional detox or cleanse.
The Massage Club of Wall and Garrow Family Chiropractic can help you with nearly all of these steps. Please contact us today to get your body’s “spring cleaning” underway today. Any of our practitioners would love to help you get started!